- These walks are much more about relaxed exploration than athletic performance. Your roadbook will guide you from beginning to end, and at each stage you'll find a place for the donkey to drink, eat and rest. We provide the logistical and technical support necessary.
- Leading a pack donkey: travelling with a donkey is a superb way of enjoying a family walking holiday at the slow rhythm of the animal. They are great company for children and adults alike.
The donkey's role is to carry your baggage for the day (or the whole trip in the case of short stays). It can also, under your supervision and at your own risk, carry the children one-at-a time if they start to feel too tired, provided that
1) they are at least 4 years old and capable of holding themselves seated upright on the animal;
2) the terrain is even, and
3) the donkey's total load is less than 40 kilograms.
Looking after a donkey requires some attention, which is why we only provide one donkey per family per holiday.
- On longer holidays you change accommodation every other day, which gives you the chance to better explore your surroundings or simply take the time to relax...
- Accommodation has been chosen for its atmosphere, warm welcome and environmental and architectural excellence.
There is naturally a more rudimentary level of comfort the night you spend in the mountain refuge: you will sleep in a dormitory; bedcovers and pillows are provided. Your luggage stays in the chalet-hostelry youyou were in the night before, so for this stretch you need a medium sized backpack with your personal stuff, a change of clothing, a small towel, a sleeping bag liner, and a pocket or forehead lamp.
N.B : the accommodation described above is given as an indication and may vary according to availability at the moment your reservation is finalized.